Empowering Adults with Complex Needs Through the Joy of Music and Art
Tiger Tiger is a project that aims to enhance the lives and experiences of adults across Birmingham who require additional learning support.
Every adult that joins us for a session will:
- Experience immersive multisensory workshops focused on developing creativity across different art forms.
- Engage in a wide range of musical activities every week, contextualised within a fun and inclusive multisensory environment.
- Work alongside experienced practitioners specialised in activities and interaction to scaffold participants’ engagement and development.
- Enjoy multisensory activities designed to meet their specific needs.
Your support will play a vital part in developing this project aimed at addressing a gap in provision for adults with complex needs. By bringing music to life, we can help enhance the lives and experiences of adults who require additional care and learning support across Birmingham.
Be a part of this project and help us grow Tiger Tiger today.
An Inclusive Experience for Everyone
At Services For Education, we make it our goal to ensure the positive impacts of music are experienced by all. Regardless of background or circumstance, everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy, learn and express themselves through music and art.
The Tiger Tiger initiative assures no one is excluded from the potential musical magic provided by cross-arts and multisensory-based learning.
With professional practitioners offering specific session plans, we aim to serve all types of additional needs through expert and innovative multisensory activities:
Interactive music-making helps us serve adults with MLD with music and sound stimulation within a structured social setting. Through music lessons and instruments, we encourage individual mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing.
Combing music with visual supports enables our practitioners to engage with adults with SLD. Promoting positive experiences with storytelling and narrative helps our adults structure their understanding to build connections.
Combining music with storytelling, adults with PMLD can map musical behaviour for creative expression and social interaction. All our PMLD activities try to explore and encourage independence with a musical learning-based approach.
- Activities for ASD Groups
Our activities for adults with ASD emphasise turn-taking, anticipation, listening, concentration and self/social awareness. We provide the opportunity for adults to play musical instruments and engage in music lessons alongside others.
Why Support SFE Charity?
An Award-Winning Charity Harnessing the Positive Power of Music Since 2012
Since 2012, our award-winning charity has been committed to bringing music and learning to life to create and build confidence among children, young people, adults and communities in Birmingham.
- We have over 145 highly trained teachers.
- We offer Free musical instruments to all our pupils.
- Our online music education resource has exceeded over 6,000
- 96% of senior leaders rated our trainers as excellent or good.
- 97% of attendees rated our training as excellent or good.
We believe everyone deserves the opportunities required to reach their full potential and be the best they can be, regardless of their background.
Through Tiger Tiger, we can address the imbalance by delivering innovative multisensory activities to adults with complex or additional needs.
When you donate to Services For Education, you are enriching the lives of thousands of people within the local community and making a big difference in their futures.