We are committed to keeping music going and have been busy behind the scenes trying to find ways to make this happen:
- Our SFE teachers are busy delivering online lessons to many young musicians we would normally see in schools.
- Our SFE teachers are YouTube sensations!
- 100 of our students, ensemble members, staff and parents performed Somewhere Over The Rainbow in support of our NHS Heroes
- Birmingham Schools’ Training Wind Orchestra sent a positive message when they virtually performed ‘Don’t Stop Believing’
- We’ve also produced an online learning platform with over 400 brand new videos starring our fabulous teachers. If your young musician normally has lessons through SFE at school you will have received a login from your school music lead-do check it out!
- We have compiled a list of great resources (music and more) which can be found on our Parent Page.
- And finally, we moved our Youth Proms online to create our first ever virtual music festival at Services For Education. From Monday 13th July to Thursday 16th July, we filled your screens with as much musical content as possible as a fantastic celebration of our wonderful ensembles. We created a special portal with music content shared daily, and each evening, we hosted a separate musical event live – with performances (recorded) from our talented ensemble members. Relive the event on our Virtual Youth Proms Pages